Bulgaria - Aubergine and pepper pâté
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
• 1 aubergine (750 g)
• 2 medium-sized green peppers, skinned and grilled
• 3 medium-sized, ripe and firm tomatoes, peeled,
seeded and finely chopped
• 2 tomatoes peeled and chopped into quarters, for decoration
• 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic
• Salt and black pepper
Grill the aubergine as follows: pierce it 3 or 4 times with a fork and then place it on a baking sheet
and grill it at a distance of 10 cm from the heat source, for around 20 minutes, turning it from
time to time.
Wrap it in a damp tea towel for 5 minutes and then peel off the skin. Cut the aubergine in two,
chop it finely and make it into a fine purée. Purée the grilled and skinned peppers in the same way.
Mix the two purées together to create a pâté. Add the olive oil and vinegar, a spoonful at a time.
Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth. Add the chopped tomato, parsley,
garlic, salt and pepper. Continue to stir until the mixture is well blended.
Check the seasoning and refrigerate until the pâté is chilled through. Serve on a plate as a starter
or on a slice of bread as an apéritif.
last modification: 2015-07-22 12:10:10
© European Commission, 2013